Monday, October 01, 2007

Missing Matt

One year has past since we lost Matt Steele. I still really miss him.



This picture of Matt holding Abby was taken at Buonapasta Studio when she was less than a month old. I like this photo because it portrays his joyful spirit. It also reminds me of how we shared both fatherhood and music in our friendship. I will never forget the impact he made on my life. So many of my closest friendships are all because of Matt. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you. (1 Peter 1:3-4)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking a lot about all of you guys down there today....all week actually. I'm always amazed at how God has given Matt's friends and families such brave hearts this year. I love you lots, Andy:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture. All of his friends carry on...reflective and inspired and still learning from him. God be with you. Love and hugs.

Angela White said...

i miss him too...I have nothing profound to say...I just miss him

Anonymous said...

Yep. Missing him. I've been thinking a lot about him these last few days. He still lives in my memory. gabe