Friday, October 19, 2007

Joshua Tree Remastered

Twenty years after it's original release, U2 is releasing a newly mastered version of it's top selling album, The Joshua Tree.

Normally, I would say this is a marketing stunt. However, I’ve always thought this album was poorly mastered. "Exit" is so quiet....I look forward to hearing what that song sounds like. ;)

I suppose one could argue that you should not mess with a good thing. Any thoughts from my peeps?

You can read about the release HERE.

6 comments:

Scott Anderson said...

I will likely buy the limited edition box set, because I want the live DVD, I've always wanted to see a show from that tour. I'm sure my decision will come as a surprise to absolutely no one.

Andy White said...

Not surprised Scott! Bold move. Let's watch it at my place! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm actually really glad that they're remastering it.....such good songs that have such bad audio mix. As long as they're not going to mess with anything else. love, rox

Anonymous said...

how could such a good band, be mastered so poorly?

Andy White said...

i agree mystery poster!

Anonymous said...

oh i don't know, I think only a few of the songs were mastered poorly. The rest sounds just as good as it did 20 yrs ago, on that tape casstte I bought.

And having seen this tour near front stage 20 yrs ago... Oh Man, still in my top 3!