Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's Tree Time!


Bro & Sis
Originally uploaded by andy white.
We made a trip to the Santa Paula Christmas Tree Farm on Saturday. I think this is our 4th or 5th annual trip to this plantation. It's like the Disneyland of tree farms. Seriously, this place has it all. Nature plus a train, bounce house, snack bar, climbing wall....you get the idea!

Santa Jr. loves the 49ers!

One addition to their features this year was some gnarly wind gusts! I was not a huge fan of that. We happened to show up right when about 2 million people got off the train and also wanted to pay for their tree so it was a good lesson in patience. I felt a bit like the Jewish waiting on their Messiah--so it was a good Christmas lesson! I'm not joking--there was a zillion people there spreading yuletide cheer all over the place! They were also snaggin' all the twine so I had to pull a McGuyver to get our tower of pine power home! I noticed there were decorative hay bales all over the place so i "borrowed" some yellow twine from a hay bale. I asked for twine like 100 times but they kept forgetting to help me. (probably due to the zillion other people in search of wonderous branches). So, you might be disapointed in me, but I just want to say that Angela was very proud of me for being so patient and creative. I did not lose it. I was calm, wind-blown and collected.

Cute girl, cute tree!

Well, in case you haven't noticed, Abby & Aaron are getting bigger and cuter. The proof is in the pictures RIGHT HERE on my FLIKR page.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable. Abby by the time you grow up that one tree you picked will be just right. Aaron looks so cute in the striped tee shirt. Talk about well fed. Both Mommy and Daddy can feed him except, Daddy has to boil the nipples. Love Grandma Shudu

Anonymous said...

I can hardly handle the cuteness in these photos!! I'm a lucky aunt!

Anonymous said...

Bro and Sis is such a darling photo. That is one they will always cherish in later years. What a sweet pair. Love Grandma Shudu