Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Vacation

Since last Friday, I have been on Christmas vacation. Vacation used to mean lots of rest and couch time. With two kids, vacation means a change of pace--I'm having to move faster to keep up with Angela's daily routine. To be honest, I don't know how she does it all by herself everyday. It's a tricky artform to keep both kids happy, entertained, fed, well rested, etc. etc. At any given moment, they could both have pressing "needs" that might cause the world to stop if they're not ably addressed ASAP. Ofcourse, adding Christmas shopping to the scenario adds a whole new challenge to the endeavor. The most common part of my wardrobe these days is the "Borg" baby carrier.

Gemini

Obviously, outtings and disctractions are pretty key. We were pretty thrilled to get the "park invite" from Steph and Sydney today. These two girls have been buddies their whole life. There's some more cute pix from the play date and other Christmas activty on my FLIKR page.

Aaron Les Paul

I have so much to be thankful for this Christmas season. Despite the adjustments and changes that I've encountered in 2006, I know that I am one of the most blessed men in the world. Looking into the earnest eyes of my little baby boy as he ou's and ah's, trying to connect with me, reminds me of the fact that God loves me--so much so that he sent a little baby boy to earth to connect with me. Twice now.

7 comments:

Kjaere said...

Can your kids get any cuter?
You missed it last night... Mercy ran up and gave me a hug and then chased Abby around saying "Aren't you going to give KJ a hug?"
I'm still waiting for it by the way ;-)

Anonymous said...

Where did Aaron get that shirt????
Oh man, that is cute!
Give him a big Auntie Luv kiss for me!

gabe said...

total cuteness and radness! way to find more of God's love and a greater appreciation for your kids and great multi-tasking wife.

Anonymous said...

Aaron is such a boy!!! Loved the shirt!! The girls are adorable together...can't wait to see you.
love, grammaR

Anonymous said...

What a precious little bundle of joy. I love his darling little smile. Isn't it great the way that they bring heaven to us through that sweet sweet smile. Cute shirt. One day I am absolutely sure, he'll be playing one of those guitars and so will Abby. Love Grandma Shudu

Anonymous said...

Kids are looking good man. Have a great Christmas.

Daniel said...

cuteness in its fullest.