Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's a boy!


It's a boy!
Originally uploaded by andy white.
I put this sign up in my classroom window to announce that Abby's having a baby brother. Ange & I are so excited to have a son. It feels as if I am the world's most blessed man. To already have Abby, who is quite possibly the world's sweetest three-year-old, and now have the "other" kind of kid on the way....feels just too good to be true.

Baby Brother

So sometime around October 23 we'll all get to meet this little guy. Something tells us he likes the World Cup because he's been kicking Ange's tummy like crazy! I thought about giving him a red card but then realized an "ejection" might be confusing for the lad--just stay put for now dude!

Mr White & Class
So school is out. It's official. I'm really going to miss this great class that I had. Last week was quite a whirlwind of emotion. Two of the third graders from my class are moving to Texas. We sang a little parody song to send them off...you know, lots of goofy lyrics interspersed with lines like "we love you" and "we're sure gonna miss you in Texas." I had no idea that by the end of the song, I'd have 18 sobbing nine-year-olds on my hands. It turned out to be a very tender, healing time. If you're looking for a spiritual boost, I recommend hanging out with kids crying and praying for each other.

2 comments:

Angela White said...

Hmm...11:31...weren't you supposed to be "cleaning" your classroom at this time....Oh well...good times!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby boy!! Boys really are so sweet!! And it is quite awesome to have both "kinds" of kids :0)