Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Transition

"I think I will be a wreck for a while." - Chris Mundell

I hear ya Chris. Letting go is very tough. I've been in a fog the past few days. The reality of what has happened is slowly sinking in. I'm constantly seeing Matt in my mind's slideshow. (or I'm actually looking at Greg Lawler's amazing slideshow of Matt photos which you can see HERE). What I'm finding, the deeper I dig, is a boatload of great memories with Matt. If only they could have continued for about 50 more years...

The good news is, I actually feel very close to Matt's spirit. I know where he is, and the joy he is experiencing. I wonder what he's up to?

We found out today that if Angela doesn't go into labor naturally by next Thursday, we'll probably induce first thing that morning. Transitions are happening so fast right now. Matt's memorial is Friday. I'm honored to be asked to play. We're praying the baby stays put until then...

I've heard so many people mentioning Matt's infectious laugh...here's an old photo of it in full effect.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as you can take a picture of someone's laugh, that's it right there. Classic.

Scott Anderson said...

What Hislop said. You can hear his laugh right there!

Daniel said...

I am sure God's Rapture Band is going to be an awsome homecoming for all of us. I only got to meet Matt a few times, but left a grand impression. Eternity has us all in It's grasp, Matt just got a head start on living in It.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you were going to post any of those older Hester pictures....I'm really glad that you did:)
love,
rox

Anonymous said...

That's just the way I'll remember Matt. The pictures that keep running through my mind are when i met you Andy - childbirth classes. We were blessed with Abby, Sydney and Grace and all i remember is laughing until i had tears in my eyes - mostly because of Matt. The tears are back and i'll honor Matt with with my laughter. The Clark's are praying for a healthy baby and for Angela. We are blessed to call you friends.

Andy White said...

thanks for the comments Tad Clark. beyond the gift of 3 beautiful girls, we were able to have the blessing of that time together. I remember thinking, "how am i going to survive childbirth class?" until I found out that Matt would be there to provide smart aleck commentary throughout! those classes became my favorite part of the week. I've made so many good friendships through Matt--including you Tad! thanks for the prayers on baby #2. let's continue to honor matt with laughing together for many years to come.