Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Song: "Fight the Good Fight"

Joining the Taxi song-writing group has taken me to musical genres I never thought I'd touch with a ten-foot guitar pick!  It has been fun to step out of my usual style and try on some others for size.  The latest challenge was to write a "Sports-Related" song like you might hear on ESPN and the like. It is quite possibly the loudest, most over-the-topest song I've written.

I started by singing it with a Jovi voice, which did not go so well. So, I believe I some how ended up singing like Joe Walsh. I have a feeling my voice will prevent this song from sounding "commercial" enough to get forwarded, but it was fun to dive into for a couple evenings.

"Fight the Good Fight" can be heard HERE.

Drums provided by Dan Patterson.

No comments: