Thursday, January 04, 2007

Grandmother Parrott

My Grandmother Parrott went to heaven yesterday. She was an amazing woman. I'm thankful for the many good times we shared. I remember the time when she came to stay with us for 6 weeks. I believe I was about 10 at the time. It was awesome. She made amazing breadsticks, cinnamon rolls and lovely dinners. Her food was tough to beat. She was also very talented with all things sewing. My sister and I received many custom made blankets and quilts over the years. They were incredible. Her stiching earned her many awards. Probably the most amazing thing about Grandmother was her faith. It was deep, unyielding and extremely well researched. Every time we talked, we'd end up discussing some Biblical history or theology. It was a thrill because she always challenged me to think about my faith. I think I was most impressed by how she kept searching and asking more questions. What a day yesterday must have been for her as she was finally in the presence of her LORD that she so dearly loved and served. Getting to see her son and her husband again must have also been pretty amazing. I'm very happy for her.

One more item of thanks. I'm grateful for our family trip to Florida last year when we all got to be with her.

5 comments:

Kjaere said...

Wow... sounds like an amazing woman...

Anonymous said...

It's precious that you had such a wonderful grandmother. I never had a grandmother that I could remember. What a great lady she must have been, it's got to be true, she has such a sweet grandson. I'm sure God welcomed her with open arms. Love Charlotte

Dawn said...

What a rich spiritual heritage! I'm sad for your family but stoked for her to be with the Lord! The Morgans will be praying for your fam and your trip.

Andy White said...

her obituary can be found here: here.

Anonymous said...

Andy, I believe that you had told me some time in the past that Abby shared your Grandmother Parrott's birthdate. What a special day that will always be. Love Grandma Shudu